I deliberated quite a bit before starting this blog. There are so many great pen, paper, and writing blogs out there already. I questioned whether I could bring a unique voice to the topic.
I ultimately decided to take the plunge with the following specific goals in mind:
- I will do some product reviews, but I plan to put as much focus as possible on making modern life easier and more enjoyable by putting pen to paper.
- When I do review products, I plan to focus more on testing paper products with a fairly consistent "control set" of pen/ink/nib options.
- I am going to put a lot of effort into discovery of unique, well-crafted paper products from independent designers and printers.
- I also plan to put the spotlight on some of the creators themselves.
- As a relative newcomer to the hobby, I hope to bring a beginner's perspective that makes the community even more approachable than it already is.
I still have much to learn about the world of pens and paper, but I hope that sharing my journey here will provide some value to others.